- Through the generosity of the M.J. MURDOCK CHARITABLE TRUST, a limited number of schoalrships are available for qualified teachers from the following states: ALASKA • IDAHO • MONTANA • OREGON • WASHINGTON
- The LYNDE and HARRY BRADLEY FOUNDATION is sponsoring 30 scholarships for WISCONSIN secondary school teachers to attend Freedoms Foundation programs.
- Financial assistance and scholarships are available from all 50 states on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact the Freedoms Foundation's Education Office at (610) 933-8825 ext. 292 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Teachers who receive scholarships are required to provide a $150 refundable deposit to hold their registration. Refunds are awarded after the program is completed.
- Tuition is $1,400 per person, per program. $700 is due upon acceptance with the balance due at the beginning of the program.
- Tuition covers accomodations, admissions, tour transportation, instruction and one graduate credit hour.
- Each program includes one graduate credit hour, which is granted by Immaculata University in Pennsylvania. Enrolled students, who wish to earn three credits, must pay $150 for each additional credit at the beginning of the program.
For more information, contact our Education Department, (610) 933-8825 ext. 292 or email@example.com .
Heroes & Heroines:
Transforming Character Through Biography
July 9 - 14, 2017
Academic Director: Dr. Timothy Patterson, Ph.D.
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
Meet Medal of Honor Recipient Captain Florent Groberg, USAR who will share his experiences from Kunar Providence, Afghanistan.
Program Topics Include:
- Explore major biographical figures in light of six character traits over five days of scholarly lectures and pedagogical discussions:
- Courage - Jackie Robinson and Integration
- Sacrifice - Independence and the Founding Fathers
- Integrity - Andrew Carnegie and Industrial America
- Commitment - Alice Paul and the Suffragists
- Patriotism - Native Americans and Service to Country
- Citizenship - Rachel Carson, Silent Spring and Environmentalism
- Receive resources and training in Medal of Honor Character Development Program.
- Learn how to use biography to meet English/Language Arts standards.
- Network with teachers from across the country.
- Visit historic sites at Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia.
- Private rooms at Freedoms Foundation and most meals included.