For more information, contact our Education Department
(610) 933-8825 ext. 292 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition is $1,400 per person, per program. $700 is due upon acceptance, with the balance due at beginning of the program.
- Tuition covers accommodations, admissions, tour transportation, instruction, and one graduate credit hour. Most meals are included.
- Teachers who receive scholarships are required to provide a $150 refundable deposit to hold their registration. Refunds are awarded after the program is completed.
- Each program includes one graduate credit hour, which is granted by Immaculata University in Pennsylvania. Enrolled students who wish to earn three credits must pay $150 for each additional credit at the beginning of the program.
Medal of Honor Legacy:
July 23 - 28, 2017
Academic Director: Dr. Cory Etchberger, PhD
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
This seminar features:
- Meet living Medal of Honor Recipient Colonel Jay Vargas, USMCR who will share his experiences serving in Dai Do, Republic of Vietnam.
- Topics include the collapse of French colonialism, the Cold War, Ho Chi Minh and the Viet Cong, the Tet Offensive, the bombing of Laos and Cambodia, the Easter Offensive and the Reunification of Vietnam.
- Five days of scholarly lectures and pedagogy discussions
- Oral history sessions with Vietnam veterans with Q&A.
- Visit historic sites at Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, and the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia.
- Receive resource materials and training for use of the Medal of Honor Character Development Program.
- Visit the Freedoms Foundation Medal of Honor Grove and Archives.
- Network with teachers from across the country.
- Private rooms at Freedoms Foundation and most meals included.
- Through the generosity of the M.J. MURDOCK CHARITABLE TRUST, a limited number of scholarships are available for qualified teachers from the following states: ALASKA • IDAHO • MONTANA • OREGON • WASHINGTON.
- The LYNDE and HARRY BRADLEY FOUNDATION is sponsoring 30 scholarships for WISCONSIN secondary school teachers to attend the Medal of Honor Legacy program.
- Financial assistance and scholarships are available for teachers from all 50 states on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact the Freedoms Foundation's Education Office at (610) 933-8825 ext. 292 for more information.