Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge Seeking Applicants for Foundations Manager & Grant Writer Position
Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge is seeking an experienced grant writer and researcher to craft solicitations, acknowledgements, and reports for foundation and corporate donors. The Manager & Grant Writer works proactively with the Executive Vice President and the rest of the development team to meet fundraising goals, grow the number of donors supporting the organization, and increase the amount of financial support Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge receives through grants.
This is a full-time role based on our Valley Forge campus. For exceptional candidates we will consider remote options. Such candidates will need to be on campus for an initial period of two to three months and as needed thereafter, and must demonstrate the ability to work effectively from a virtual office.
Some travel expected (no more than 10%) as well as administrative tasks including use of Salesforce to track and record grant process.
- Maintain an aggressive grants calendar, managing all foundation accounts, assuming responsibility for communications
- Research and identify new foundation prospects for solicitation whose goals are consistent with Freedoms Foundation’s mission and vision
- Craft high quality, compelling, and successful letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports
- Ensure quality control for all written materials for development team
- Engage with education team to experience first-hand all education programs and meet participants regularly to better understand meaning and value of the programs
- Interact with the education team to gather, maintain, and update useful statistical measurements related to program and donor impact
- Track grant prospects and submissions; manage, update and maintain accurate grant database/calendar to track grant writing activities, reporting, renewal requests and deadlines in Salesforce; ensure timely submission of proposals and reports
- Build relationships, where appropriate, with foundation donors in your portfolio to grow the foundation’s involvement with Freedoms Foundation’s programs and events
- Collaborate with development team on execution of department goals including significant projects and events – such as gala, friendraisers, chapter conference, etc.
- Make appointments for CEO and/or EVP with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees)
- Participating in the gift acknowledgement process by making calls and/or writing handwritten notes
- Work to improve systems and processes to better serve our donor base
- Excellent written, verbal, and editorial skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, effectively managing multiple projects, and prioritizing tasks and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to accept and give constructive feedback
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce, Office Suite, Pardot (or similar), Constant Contact, Zoom, and Candid (GuideStar & Foundation Center)
- At least 3 years’ experience grant writing in a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Passionate enthusiasm for Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge’s mission and vision
- Salesforce experience preferred; familiarity with a recognized fundraising CRM required
- Ability to travel, when needed, to meet with foundations and donors
- Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Healthcare (after 90 days)
- 403(b) with company contribution after 1 year